Monday, October 5, 2015

SONGBIRD By Rachel de Vine


Summary:
Harry is a successful 36-year-old Dom who has had many transient relationships with submissive women, and is not looking for a permanent relationship – until he sees and hears a beautiful young woman singing in a club in London. The woman sang with a throaty and angst-filled voice that suggested a dissolute lifestyle, but had the face of an angel and a body made for sin. Harry fell head over heels for Pascale, the beautiful songbird, and was determined that she would be his. Pascale, however, has had a difficult childhood with her mother’s brutal lover, Gaston, and escaped his clutches with the aid of Louis, her old pianist, and when Harry meets her she is traumatized by her experiences. Eventually he begins to break through the barrier that Pascale has erected around herself, but is wary about dominating her, even though she seems to him to have submissive tendencies. He is afraid of digging up disturbing and distressing images from her past.

His friend, Jake, the owner of the nightclub, is locked into a sterile and dead marriage, but cannot escape due to the financial hold of his wife and her father, who could bankrupt him if they so wished. He has a fun-filled, kinky relationship with a young woman who works at the club, but is terrified of his wife finding out about it and depriving him of access to his darling daughter, April, as well as bankrupting him.

Harry and Jake share Dom tendencies, but they also share seemingly insurmountable problems to be with the women they wish to make their own. 

Buy Link: Amazon 
 

My Review:

I think the coolest thing about Songbird is that there are four main characters and all of their stories are shown perfectly together. They are all friends and all end up working together in some way and it all just fits together like a puzzle. Now, sadly, this is my first story by Ms. Rachel but I know now it will not be the last! I can’t wait to read more!

Songbird was amazing and I adored it! It is a fun sexy story that will really have you on the edge of your seat wanting more! I personally loved Pascale and was really able to connect with her. She was just such a ‘real’ character you know? There wasn’t any ‘perfect’ Mary Sue characters. She had faults and flaws and it was amazing to read about.

Well, I gotta be honest, I’m not sure who I liked more Harry or Jake! They are both yummy sexy men who aren’t afraid of being a little bolder and spanking their girls or being super kinky.

Overall I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a little kink and spankings with their love story!

Author Biography

I like to retain a little bit of mystery about myself, and let my writing speak for me, which is also the reason for the lack of pictures of me on my website and elsewhere. However I will say that I am British and a woman, and that writing is my passion, and has been for much of my life, and I am an incurable romantic. In recent years I have concentrated on writing erotic romances, but I am considering writing in other genres too.

I write about sensual, romantic, passionate people, because I like to think that I am a sensual, romantic and passionate person. I try to be kind, and hope that I reap kindness in return. I adore foreign travel to exotic places and I hope I always will. I like vibrant colours, the beautiful British landscape, intelligent people, good food, good music, sunsets and good friends and family. I am so lucky to be born when and where I was, with the freedoms that previous generations yearned for, and I hope I never take it for granted.


Twitter: @racheldevineuk


No comments:

Post a Comment