Tuesday, September 29, 2015

First Impressions by Ashe Barker

Hiyah guys! I've got Ashe with me today and her new sexy book!! Check it out!! <3

Hi Summer, and thank you so much for inviting me over today to chat a bit about First Impressions. This will be my second release with Baronet Press, and I’m loving working with them again. Here’s the super-sexy cover they made for me.

I loved writing First Impressions. It was an opportunity to set a story in one of my favourite places, the North East of England, as well as create a lovely, feisty heroine to keep her sexy alpha male on his toes. But First Impressions is more than just a kinky romance, although there is plenty of that in the book. It is also a mystery, and it has its serious side too but I won’t be giving away any spoilers. All I’m saying is, people, and houses, are rarely as they seem.

Here’s the blurb for First Impressions

First Impressions can be deceptive.

Aidan Blake needs a plumber. Fast. His boiler is dead, his creaky old house crumbling around him. When his elderly neighbour recommends a local trader, George Mahon, Aidan jumps at the prospect of hot water and warm radiators.

But George, short for Georgina, is not exactly what he had in mind. He was expecting something else entirely. A man for one thing, not the gorgeous single mother he finds in his house at the end of a long day of work.

Aidan turns out to be full of surprises too. Who would have imagined the smartly dressed businessman would have a BDSM playroom in his attic and a collection of whips and canes that makes George’s head spin. And her bottom clench, though that’s another matter entirely. What does a girl have to do to get to play with those toys?

Just ask, it would seem. As they enter into a professional and personal agreement which soon blossoms into a sultry, kinky relationship, George continues to be surprised by Aidan's kindness and generosity, not to mention his skill with a spanking paddle.

First impressions aside, the two begin to build something together. And while they peel back the layers to discover their hidden depths, the old house yields up the mysteries of its own secret past. They soon realize that at first glance, nothing is ever quite as it seems.

Buy Links : Amazon US Amazon UK

And an excerpt…

He covered her mouth with his, and her lips parted to accept him. He swept his tongue into her mouth to play with hers, the dance both intimate and sensual. She lifted her hands to link them at the back of his neck, and held on as he deepened the kiss. She tasted so sweet to him, hot, eager, giving. His arms tightened around her and he wondered if he might have made a mistake in not just bundling her up to his bedroom at the first opportunity and relieving her of that delightful dress.

He broke the kiss with some reluctance. George clung to him, her face upturned, her eyes closed. He raised his hand to wind a length of her hair around his fist and tugged gently. She raised her eyelids.

“Are you ready?”

“I think so. Yes, Sir.”

“Bend over the table please.”

“The table?”

He didn't relish having to repeat himself, but he appreciated how new and strange this was for her. There would come a time he might be sterner in his dealings with her, but tonight was not it. He nodded and released his grip on her hair.

“I, I thought you said you’d take me over your knee.”

Ah, now he understood her question. “I did, but on reflection I prefer to start like this. Would you rather be across my lap?”

“Not if you think this is best. I was just surprised. Should I take off my clothes?”

“Do you want to?”

“I prefer not, if that’s allowed.”

“Then keep your dress on. Just make yourself comfortable as I instructed, and I’ll lift your skirt for you in a few moments.”

George positioned herself next to the table and started to bend. She paused and looked at him over her shoulder. “How should I…?”

“Your stomach and breasts on the table top. Lift your bottom up if you can.”

He kept his tone matter-of-fact and that seemed to do the trick. She bent over and laid herself across the table, as directed.

“That’s lovely. Now, could you put your hands in the small of your back, please?”

“Like this?” She reached behind her, turning her head to face him.

Aidan pulled her tights from his pocket. “Yes, just like that. I’m going to tie your wrists together, with your tights. Is that okay?”

“Why do you want to do that? I’m not going to cause you any problems. I won’t struggle, or—”

“I would never tie you up just to stop you from fighting me. You have your safe word, you can stop me at any time, you have no need to fight me off. But the knowledge that you’re restrained will help you to submit to what is happening, to give up control if you like. So, may I?”

“Will you untie me, if I say red?”

“Oh yes. I absolutely will.”

She said nothing further, just crossed her wrists behind her back.

More about me…

I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres. I still love reading, the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.

I tend to draw on my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea.

When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a couple of dogs, two tortoises. And a very grumpy cockatiel.

I have twenty seven (at the last count) titles on general release with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have several more in the pipeline. All my books feature BDSM. I write explicit stories, always hot, but they offer far more than just sizzling sex. I like to read about complex characters, and compelling plots, so that’s what I write too. Strong, demanding Doms are a given, often paired with new submissives who have a lot to learn.

I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

Author links

No comments:

Post a Comment