Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Highwayman's Lady by Ashe Barker

Hey guys! I've got Ashe with me today on my blog and she brought a yummy historical!! Check it out!! 

Hi Summer, and thank you so much for inviting me back over to your blog to give a shout out about The Highwayman’s Lady.

I’m really excited about this story, Gray is a hero I’ve been fantasizing about for a while now, and it just reached the point where he had to emerge. He’s a thief and a rogue and no one at all could mistake him for a gentleman, but I hope readers – and Imogen - will love him as much as I do. 



Here’s the blurb…

After the death of her mother, twenty-year-old Imogen Bennett faces the prospect of being coerced into marriage by a scheming relative, but fate intervenes when a masked highwayman accosts her on the road. Desperate to escape the unwanted wedding, Imogen pleads with the mysterious, handsome rogue to rescue her.

Alistair Graham – Gray - is a proud Scotsman who rebelled against British rule, and since the defeat of the highlanders at Culloden he has taken to robbing rich Englishmen travelling through Scottish lands. He is no gentleman, but he is certainly not a man who would ignore a young woman’s pleas for help, and he agrees to do what he can to assist the beautiful girl he has waylaid.

Imogen finds herself drawn to Gray, and though he warns her that he expects a woman’s complete obedience both in bed and out of it, she cannot resist offering her virgin body to him. He takes her hard and thoroughly, leaving her utterly spent yet still aching for more, and when her shock at her own wantonness leads her to speak disrespectfully to him he bares her bottom and punishes her soundly.

A highwayman is no suitable match for a lady, however, and Gray fears that her association with him can only put them both in danger, so he makes her promise that she’ll tell no one about what took place between them and then ensures that she is delivered safely to the home of her honourable cousin in Kirkleven. Yet despite her best efforts to put Gray out of her mind forever, in her heart Imogen knows she will always belong to the man who rescued her, mastered her, and made her his. But will her highwayman ever return to lay claim to his lady?

Publisher’s Note: The Highwayman’s Lady is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, anal play, elements of BDSM, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.


And an excerpt….

I enter my chamber and use the small taper with which I lit my way upstairs to illuminate more candles around the room. I am tired, keen to gain my bed this night, so I waste no time in loosening the fastenings and slipping off my fine damask gown. It was once Beatrice's but the deep bronze shade did not suit her blonde colouring, so it has been altered to fit me and is one of my favourites. I lay it over a small stool at the foot of the bed and resolve to ask one of the upstairs maids to see to pressing and airing it tomorrow.

Next I remove my pretty silk stockings – another gift from Beatrice, my whalebone stays and the panniers secured to either side of my hips. It is not a fashion I particularly admire, but the gown requires such undergarments in order to fit properly, so I must endure. The style has been useful, too, in disguising my own changing contours. Clad now in just my loose cotton chemise which flows about my body, I sit down before the looking glass on my dresser and remove the pins from my hair. I shake the waist-length waves loose, then reach for my hairbrush.

It is not there. I always leave it in the same place as I prefer my possessions to come readily to hand. One of the servants must have been in and moved it. I scan the top of the dresser but to no avail, then lean back to peer at the floor on either side of me.

"Lose something?"

I start to rise as the masculine voice echoes around my chamber, a scream erupting from my throat. The sound is trapped within my mouth by a large hand sealing my lips. The intruder has moved with lightning speed, one moment concealed in the darkness at the corner of my chamber, the next instant closing the space between us to pin me in my seat. One hand covers the lower part of my face, the other arm is around my chest, immobilising me.

Terror grips as I claw at the hand across my mouth, convinced this madman intends to smother me. Is it some lackey of Sidney's? Am I not safe even here, after all these weeks?

I can see only the mid-section of my attacker's torso reflected in my glass and the horror in my own my own eyes as I fight for breath.

"Be still, Imogen, I mean you no harm." The voice is low, even and familiar. I search my memory. Where have I heard that tone before?

"We need to talk, you and I. I shall remove my hand now and when I do, you will not cry out. Will you, little Imogen?"

Gray? No, it cannot be. Not here.

Grab The Highwayman’s Lady now on Amazon and All Romance 

More about me:

I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres. I still love reading, the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.

I tend to draw on my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea.

I live in the North of England, on the edge of the Brontë moors. When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a menagerie of dogs, tortoises. And a very grumpy cockatiel.

I have around thirty titles on general release with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and I have several more in the pipeline. I write M/f, M/M, and occasionally ring the changes with a little M/M/f. All my books feature BDSM. I write explicit stories, always hot, but they offer far more than just sizzling sex. I like to read about complex characters, and compelling plots, so that’s what I write too.

I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

Let’s keep in touch. Here’s how to stalk me…

Newsletter Sign-Up

www.ashebarker.com

Amazon

google.com/+AsheBarker

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment