Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Can love survive without forgiveness? #LivinginSin by @AnastasiaVitsky

Book Title: Living in Sin
Publisher: Less Than Three Press
Date Published: March 25, 2015
Buy Links: Amazon I B&N I Goodreads
Summary:

Come out to your family, or we're through!
 
Sick of playing "roommate" for the sake of her girlfriend's religious, tight-knit family, Audra issues an ultimatum: Tell your family, or I move out. After all, Audra's family supports her and loves Ciara as a second daughter. Why would Ciara’s family be any different? Audra's tired of hiding the reality of their lives. She puts Ciara first, so why can't Ciara do the same?

Caught between her family and her girlfriend, Ciara resents being forced to choose. She tries to keep the peace by accepting her aunt’s endless blind dates and comforting her mother who care for Ciara’s dying grandmother. How can Ciara shatter her family by forcing the truth on them? How can she face life without Audra if she does not?

Agonized and at her wit's end, Ciara receives an unexpected spirit visit that asks her hard questions. Does love require self-sacrifice? How much can she give up without losing herself?

Exquisitely crafted and filled with life truths, Living in Sin will challenge your definition of love and heal your soul. 
Excerpt

Audra slides her hand over my collarbone, slipping the satin pink bra strap over my shoulder. I bat her hand away and adjust my bra.

"Ouch," she says, withdrawing to her end of the couch. "I did take a shower this morning." She picks up her neon pink coffee mug and takes a sip.

"I love you." I scan my pile of papers, frantic to finish my report before the deadline. "I'm just..."

"Busy," Audra offers. She takes another sip, watching me.

"I've got to finish before Grandma's birthday party."

At the silence, I realize my mistake. "Look, I'm sorry. I know you want to go, but it'll be tapioca pudding and cake with dull conversation."

Two patches of pink appear on Audra's cheeks, and she clinks her cup onto the ceramic mosaic coaster. We chose the set together when she first moved in. "You act like you're ashamed of me."

I groan. "We've gone through this a thousand times. That's not how my family works."

"Huh." Audra stands up and carries her mug to the kitchen sink. "Thought I was part of your family." She returns to the living room and sits in the chair furthest away from me.

I pound away for five full minutes until I give in. Audra has silent treatment down to a science. I can apologize, but it won't change anything. "I need some space," I plead.

"That can be arranged." She stalks out of the room and slams our bedroom door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment